The Children's Hunger Project
Hello and thank you for volunteering to pack food for The Children's Hunger Project! We ask kindly that you read over this section as it contains valuable information that will help guide you through a safe, fun, and rewarding packing event!
Event Date: Saturday 11/21/2020
Event Times: 8am to 12:30pm (see below for breakdown of shift times):
- 8am - Early Volunteer Staff for first shift arrival and training
- 8:30am - 9:00 am - Participants are arriving during this time and going through the check-in process.
- 9am - First shift begins
- 10am - First shift ends (please exit through the designated side door)
- 10am - Early Volunteer Staff for second shift arrival and training
- 10am - 10:30am - participants are arriving during this time and going through the check-in process.
- 10:30am - Second shift begins
- 11:30am - Second shift ends (please exit through the designated side door)
- 11:30am - 12:30pm - Clean up shift
Position Specific Volunteers Needed:
- Check-In / Temperatures – 8 Volunteers needed. These individuals will also serve as replenishers and recyclers behind the packing lines after check-in is complete. Each will be assigned a specific line.
- Stationary Replenishers – 8 Volunteers needed. These individuals will work behind the packing lines. Each will be assigned a specific line.
- Boxers – 8 Volunteers needed. These individuals will be assigned to a specific line and will help pack the boxes, tape the boxes shut, and move the boxes from the packing line to a designated area. Please note: must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Assembly Line Food Packers: 56 Volunteers needed. There will be 8 packing lines. Each person will be assigned a line and a stationary spot at their own 6’ table. The food bags will move down the line (volunteers will not move).
COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
Due to COVID-19, we have guidelines into place for your packing event to keep everyone safe. Take a moment to read over our Best Practice below so you know what to expect.
- Please go through each point below. If you answer yes to any screening criteria, please let us know, and stay home. This is not because we don’t care about you, but rather, it is because we do care about you. We want you to be able to take care of yourself.
- Have you had contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or is otherwise sick?
- Have you or anyone that you have been in close contact with traveled internationally, or to an area with a known communicable disease outbreak in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours?
- Fever (100.4 or greater)
- Additional symptoms to consider:
- Sore throat
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
- Our mitigation plan includes:
- Pre-attendance education in the form of this message
- Self-health screening prior to the event (above)
- Temperature check upon arrival (conducted by event volunteer staff)
- Limits on public visitors who are not registered as a participant or part of the volunteer staff
- For your safety, all participants must wear close toed shoes for packing.
- EVERYONE must have a mask on before entering the building and masks must be worn at all times. Please bring your own mask or face covering if you have them. We will have extra masks for those who do not have one.
- Gloves must be worn during packings. We will be providing gloves for everyone. Please notify us if you have any allergies that we need to be aware of.
- We will be practicing 6’ social distancing guidelines.
- Please practice good hand washing habits. We will also have hand sanitizer available at the event.
Please contact TCHP if you have any questions or if you need assistance to register for the event.
Stacy M. Benezra
Community Outreach Coordinator
Email [email protected]
1855 W. King Street
Cocoa, FL 32926 Map
|| Stacy Benezra