Ankeny Miracle League
Hello all, and thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Ankeny Miracle League. Each scheduled game day, we are looking to fill 30 AM volunteer slots and 30 PM volunteer slots for youth games in the morning (9, 10 & 11) and adult games in the afternoon (12 & 1). The Miracle League Field is located at 300 NW School Street.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD:
- Find a “buddy” and introduce yourself
- Ask your “buddy” their name
- What way they want to bat, field and move around the bases (family members/coach may let you know what is best)
- Stay by your “buddy’s” side throughout the game
- Always be alert and protect your “buddy”
- Cheer, clap, high-five, encourage and motivate your “buddy”
- Smile, talk and laugh
- Make memories
- HAVE FUN!
MIRACLE LEAGUE PROGRAM RULES:
- Each player gets to bat each inning.
- Each player gets to circle the bases to score a run each inning.
- Every Player scores and never called “Out”.
- Two innings per team per game.
- Game time = 1 hour
- Each player has an assigned buddy for each game.
- Teams consist of 9-20 players.
- Teams use a 9 inch lite flite baseball.
- There is a special ball (beeper ball) for the blind.
- Weather Information: If inclement weather is in the area
- Each team has a coach and an assistant coach
- Coaches are to huddle the children after the game.
- Chant: 1, 2, 3 “Miracle League”
- Reminder that the Buddies are there for three (3) reasons.
- Protect the Miracle League Players
- Assist the Miracle League Players, but assist only as needed allowing the miracle league player the opportunity to play as much as possible.