VFW Post 7696
The 2019 Memorial Day Parade
Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 7696 sponsors the annual West Chester Township Memorial Day Parade with the support for safety services provided by West Chester Township. The VFW Post 7696 Memorial Day Parade is committed to:
- Bringing attention to the true meaning of Memorial Day by honoring and remembering those who have made personal sacrifices to serve our county during the efforts of preserving our liberties as an American People.
- Demonstrating community spirit and patriotism.
Application Guidelines and Rules for KIDS ON WHEELS. Please read carefully.
- This parade is intended for Bikes, Wagons, Strollers, and Scooters. No skateboards, tricycles, roller blades, skates or motorized vehicles.
- All Wagons, bikes, stroller and scooters must be in proper working order and able to roll in the parade.
- All decorations must be attached securely.
- All entries must be willing and sufficiently physically fit to maintain both the Parade pace and spacing as set by the VFW officials. Entries unable or refusing to maintain the Parade pace and/or spacing will be removed from the Parade route.
- A responsible adult must accompany children and ensure adequate adult supervision of children participating in his/her entry.
- The ultimate responsibility for safety lies with each individual entry. Entries must comply with all VFW Rules and Regulations and comply with all government regulations and safety codes, manufacturer’s recommendations and similar standards.
- All parties are prohibited from distributing materials (handouts, flyers, giveaways, candy, or selling goods along the Parade route, before or during the Parade on Parade day.
- No amplified sound is permitted in the parade (including bullhorns).
- The only signs permitted will be those consistent with the parade theme of Respect ~ Remembrance ~ Reverence. Election, political, commercial, or protest signs are not appropriate to carry as part of this parade that is intended to honor those who have served our country.
- Please display the U.S. flag whenever possible and do so with reverence and respect.
- Obey the instructions of the VFW volunteers and others helping with staging and traffic control.
Any violation of the above may result in immediate removal from the parade and no parade participation the following year.
9:00am - 11:30am EDT
West Chester Ohio
|| Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW Post 7696