VFW Post 7696
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7696 sponsors the annual West Chester Township Memorial Day Parade with support for safety services provided by West Chester Township.
The VFW Post 7696 Memorial Day Parade is committed to:
- Demonstrating community spirit and patriotism.
- Honoring and remembering those who have made personal sacrifices to serve our country during the efforts of preserving our liberties as an American People.
- Bringing attention to the true meaning of Memorial Day as a holiday that honors great heroes who have served and currently serve our country and community.
The Memorial Day Parade promotes a “family friendly” atmosphere paying tribute to those who served our country. The VFW Post 7696 appreciates your interest in participating in the parade.
The following guidelines and rules are designed to maintain the “family friendly” atmosphere and the dignity of the event and those who are being honored. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE; ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THESE RULES AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO COMPLY.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & RULES:
- Applicants will receive e-mail notification of their acceptance and a document with their registration and Line Up Number.
- Only applications from parade units with themes that are consistent with the spirit and image of Memorial Day are considered.
- The only vehicles permitted in the parade are those carrying designated veterans who are unable to walk the parade route and dignitaries as determined by the parade organizers (ex. Elected officials, Memorial Day ceremony chaplain, etc.) This is to ensure the safety of those walking on the parade route.
- Parade units including children must have adequate adult supervision.
- Items are not to be distributed during the parade. This is for the safety of spectators and other participants.
- No amplified sound is permitted in the parade (including bullhorns) and participants are not permitted to shout or yell during the parade or following ceremony. Please respect the service men and women honored.
- Marching units may carry one banner/sign identifying their organization.
- The only signs permitted will be those identifying the marching unit and those that carry a message consistent with the parade’s theme. Election/political signs, commercial signs, protest signs are not appropriate to carry as part of this parade intended to honor those who have served our country.
- Costumed characters are not permitted as part of this parade.
- Please display the U.S. flag whenever possible and do so with reverence and respect.
- Keep up the pace of the parade.
- Obey the instructions of the VFW volunteers and others helping with staging and traffic control
Any violation of the above may result in immediate removal from the parade and no parade participation the following years.
For question you can contact us at [email protected]
9:00am - 12:30pm EDT
West Chester Ohio
|| Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW Post 7696