FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q. What is DSPC?
A. A non-profit, dues paying, unincorporated organization open to those 18 and older. Our mission is to promote the development and growth of pickleball in the Northern Delaware region.
Q. Who runs the club?
A. Members elect a Board of Directors who then elect a President and Vice President and appoint a Secretary and a Treasurer. It is organized and run under Bylaws which were adopted by the members.
Q. How do I become a member?
A. If at least 18 years of age; sign up below, pay dues by credit card or check, sign the release of liability waiver, and complete your emergency contact information.
Q. How are dues spent?
A. Equipment, supplies, insurances, administrative support, special events. The Board of Directors , officers, committee heads, and member volunteers receive no financial payments for their services.
Q. What are the benefits of club membership?
A. The club provides:
- a financial backbone
- defined responsibilites of club officers and committee member
- communications with facility owners; county officials, club sponsors; community representatives
- goal-oriented plans and objectives
- an established base of players
- establish new places-to-play
- a Player Development Program
- safety and health guidelines
- a platform to provide information about area news
- social connections and interactions
- an opportunity to voice opinions about the direction of pickleball in the region
- enhanced opportunities to have fun and enjoy the sport of pickleball.
|| Diamond State Pickleball Club (DSPC)