Please volunteer to be a Greeter!
Greeting involves welcoming everyone to First Parish – old friends and new visitors, children and adults. The role of the Greeter is especially important in helping create a positive first impression of our church to newcomers. Please read the brief description of the role of Greeter below and add your name to the sign up sheet. Thank you!
The role of Greeter:
- Arrive 20 to 30 minutes before the service begins and stand in the vestibule.
- Wear your name tag.
- As people arrive, greet them with a smile and a "Hello"'
If you greet a newcomer:
- Explain that typically people talk in the Sloop Room for a few minutes until the bell rings, when people then go into the sanctuary.
- Show them where to hang their coat.
- Point out where the restroom is located.
- Encourage them to fill out a nametag.
- Invite them to coffee hour following service.
During coffee hour:
- Chat with newcomers and anyone else who is standing alone. Introduce yourself, discover their interests, be a good listener.
- Introduce them to the minister
Church Vestibule/Old Sloop Room
|| Stephanie Stewart