Coffee Hour after Sunday service is a cherished tradition at First Parish. It’s a time to catch up with fellow parishioners and to say hello to newcomers. We keep this tradition of hospitality alive by taking turns hosting Coffee Hour each week. Please choose a Sunday to host by adding your name to the sign-up sheet below.
Someone from the Hospitality Committee will usually be here to help you on Sunday morning. Other members chip in to help, especially with clean-up. If you have any questions or need help with anything, there are plenty of people with expertise who will be perfectly happy to help you! If it’s your first time hosting or if you simply want a partner to work with, check the “need assistance” box when signing up. We’ll be sure to contact you and pair you with an experienced volunteer.
What to Bring (and What You Don’t Need to Bring!):
- You can make Coffee Hour as simple or as elaborate as you want. Do not feel obliged to bring a lot of food or home-made delicacies. A simple selection of snacks, preferably nut-free and including a healthy choice, is adequate.
- Snack options include: Fruit and/or Crudités; Hummus with Veggies; Bagels and Cream Cheese; Chips and Salsa; Crackers and Cheese; Goldfish; Brownies, Cookies, or Cupcakes; Other.
- The church kitchen is stocked with the following items: Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Cream, and Juice, as well as Paper Goods, Silverware, Tablecloths, and Plates, Bowls, and Serving Platters.
Coffee Hour Duties:
- Make coffee and boil water for tea.
- Put tablecloth on table.
- Put out beverages, snacks, and paper goods.
Clean Up Duties:
- Clear the table completely.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Find someone to take out trash and recycling.
- Turn off the coffee maker, unplug it, and turn off the water supply.
A complete set of instructions is posted on the refrigerator in the kitchen and is available by email upon request.
Know That You Are Appreciated!
Old Sloop Room
|| Stephanie Stewart