St. Lucas UCC
Please reserve a slot for every person (children included) who will be attending worship with you. Those who arrive to attend worship without a reservation will be offered the opportunity to wait until the service starts; and may be able to enter if there are no-shows/cancellations/available seats at that time.
Please note that at this time, childcare and Sunday School are not available. However, people of all ages are welcome to join us for worship!
Please review our current protocol for worship in the Sanctuary:
Arriving At Church:
- Because we are disciples of the one who invites and expects us to care for one another in community, we wear masks. (Per CDC guidelines, masks are needed for people ages 2 and up.)
- Masks must cover both mouth and nose, and be kept in place during the entire time you are around others and in the building.
- The doors will be opened at 9:00 AM.
- Please use the triple doors on the northeast corner of the church building, nearest the main parking lot – THESE ARE THE ONLY DOORS THAT WILL BE OPEN.
- Line up on the exterior ramp to the doors, using the markers on the ramp/sidewalk to maintain appropriate social distance.
- When it is your turn to enter the building, your reservation will be confirmed and a mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- We will be handing out a prefilled communion cup and wafer as you enter. A trash can will be set up at the exit for disposal.
- An usher will then escort you to a pew. The Sanctuary will be filled from the front to the back – seating will be in the next available pew only (no favorite pews at this time – yikes!)
- All liturgy and hymn lyrics will be projected on the screens. Because everyone is wearing a mask, we will sing hymns.
- Offering will be received in a receptacle in the back of the Sanctuary; plates will not be passed during the service.
Leaving the Sanctuary:
- At the conclusion of the service, everyone is to remain seated until escorted out by an usher. The Sanctuary will be dismissed from the back to the front.
- You will be escorted to the triple doors, and immediately exit the building.
- There can be no coffee/fellowship time at present. Appropriately distanced fellowship conversations on the parking lot or in the shade of a nearby tree are encouraged.
- The only part of the building available in addition to the Sanctuary will be the bathrooms near the main church office.
- No more than two people may occupy a bathroom – or the elevator to reach the bathrooms – at the same time.
- Those who arrive to attend worship without a reservation will be offered the opportunity to wait until the service starts; and may be able to enter if there are no-shows/cancellations/available seats at this time.
The Task Force regrets that these protocols may feel draconian to some, but our primary responsibility to each other as disciples of Jesus is to keep one another safe at all times, and especially during this pandemic time.
If you have any questions about worship at St. Lucas, please contact Interim Pastor, Vicki Hampton ([email protected]) or Council President, Paul Simons ([email protected]).
11:30am - 12:30pm CDT
St. Lucas UCC