Blue Action Democrats
Join us for an evening of giving back to the Austin community! We'll be working in the Food Bank Warehouse (evening shifts are geared toward ages 16+, and no one under 8 is allowed in the warehouse).
Once you sign up here, you will also need to create an account and sign up on our Blue Action page on the Food Bank's website:
Warehouse Volunteer Policies:
· Warehouse volunteers must be age 8 and up in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
· Groups of 5 or more youth require 1 adult chaperone per every 5 youth members.
· All youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 21+ years old in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
· Food Bank policy requires that all volunteers be in appropriate attire in order to enter the workspace.
· Please dress comfortably and note that anyone wearing sleeveless tops or open-toed shoes will not be permitted into the warehouse to volunteer.
· We have a Volunteer Breakroom to store food/snacks and beverages, but please know that food and beverage items may not be stored in the warehouse at any time.
· As a safety precaution, the Food Bank reserves the right to turn away volunteers who arrive late to their scheduled shift.
· Please ensure that all volunteers arrive on time. Volunteers who arrive 30 minutes or later after their shift start time will not be permitted to volunteer for safety reasons—NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have missed the 30 minute window please reschedule your shift.
· We emphasize arriving 15-20 minutes in advance of your shift start time, in case folks need to register to volunteer—this helps us expedite the volunteer check-in process for those who do not take the time to register online in advance of their service day.
For more information about the shift, watch this short video:
6:00pm - 8:30pm CST
6500 Metropolis Dr. Austin, TX 78744
|| Blue Action Democrats