DJVA PTA Events and Fundraising
The DJV rock is a wonderful way to announce birthdays, accomplishments, celebrations, upcoming school events, or recognize your favorite DJV teacher or staff member! The rock is available for a daily rental to the families and staff of DJV for $10 per day. Receive a one-time $5 discount if a member of the PTA! All proceeds benefit the DJV PTA in supporting school programs.
How it Works
You reserve the rock from 5:00 pm the day before you signed up until 5:00 pm on the day you reserved it.
For Example, if your child's birthday is June 3rd, and you want them to arrive at school that day to see their name on the rock, you reserve June 3rd on the Sign Up Genius. You can begin painting the rock on June 2nd at 5:00 pm. The person who has reserved June 4th can begin painting the rock on June 3rd at 5:00 pm.
If you reserved the rock for Monday, you can begin painting the rock at 5 pm the previous Friday.
Access the sign up page and select the date that you would like to reserve. Once you have submitted your request, proceed to the Memberhub store to submit your payment.
Non-active PTA members: submit your payment HERE. If you reserve multiple days, ensure you increase your quantity before checking out.
Active PTA members: Receive a $5 discount for one day if a 2020-2021 paid PTA member. Submit your payment HERE for your reduced one day. Pay for any additional reserved days HERE for the regular $10 price. You can purchase as a single payment by adding both to your cart before checking out.
Payments must be received within three business days of reserving the rock or your reservation will be canceled. Payments are Non-Refundable. Refunds nor reschedules will be issued for rain or inclement weather.
Spirit Rock Reservation Rules
- The rock can be painted by only one family per day.
- Please do not paint the Rock earlier than 5:00 pm the day before to allow other families a chance for after school photos with the Spirit Rock.
- The family painting is responsible for any paint left on the school grounds other than the Spirit Rock, please be sure you clean up all materials after your painting.
- The family painting the rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group/organization who may be injured or who incur clothing or other personal property damage.
- Families must furnish their own labor, paint, and supplies to paint the rock.
- ONLY the rock can be painted. Painting on sidewalks, lampposts, grass, or buildings is prohibited. Any damage or destruction to the surrounding areas or buildings will deem the family financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs.
- What is painted on the spirit rock must be in good taste and may not contain any foul language, discriminatory or political remarks. Profanity and obscene comments are not permitted. What is painted must be in accordance to Dorothy J. Vaughan Academy of Technology student code of conduct. Any message that is deemed inappropriate will be painted over.
|| Dorothy J. Vaughan PTA Events and Fundraising