U.S. Paralympics Swimming
This clinic is designed to provide coaches with a deeper understanding of the USOPC and U.S. Paralympics Swimming and how to move a para swimmer up the pipeline. This clinic will be presented virtually via Zoom. To attend, register below. All registrants will receive a presentation link on November 21.
In this session, you will learn about:
- Discover the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games footprint
- Examine the classification system, rules and exceptions by WPS
- Identify aspects of preparing your athlete for a successful classification experience
- Examine the Para Swimmer Development Model (PSDM)
- Observe basic biomechanical swimming modifications/adaptations
- Differentiate the technical progressions of a para swimmer
- Identify strength & conditiong modifications/adaptations
- Review recovery, nutrition, and travel hints for para swimmers
- Compare a seasonal plan for overlapping commitments
This clinic will be presented virtually via Zoom. You must register via the Signup Genius link. A link to the zoom presenation will be forward to all registrants on November 21st.
All participants, MUST register individually. Please be sure to fill out all fields in the sign up registration form. This session is designed for 60 minutes, however, the Q & A may run over.
Virtual Clinic Date: Sunday, November 22, 2020 7:00pm EST
The presentation Zoom Link will be emailed on Saturday, November 21, 2020.
Registrations will continue to be taken up to 2 hours before the start of the Zoom presentation. If you register after Saturday,November 21st, you will receive the link to the Zoom presentation asap after your registration is received.
For more information and resources on Para swimming, visit: