U.S. Para Swimming
This clinic will be presented virtually by U.S. Para Swimming consultants:
Mark Rieneits, National Officials Coordinator and Peggy Ewald, Education and Coach Consultant
The session is designed to provide Swimming Officials a deeper understanding of the USOPC and U.S. Para Swimming as well as a look into the differences of rule books and exceptions relating to para swimmers. Scenerios commonly experienced on or around the pool deck will allow participants to gain a deeper understanding of the para swimmer.
(Please note this clinic is two of two levels and is not designed as an officials certification clinic.)
What you will learn in this session:
· Structure and roles of the USOPC
· Comprehension of the differences in Rule books between WPS and USA Swimming with an in-depth look at exception codes
· Define the progression of competition progression in para swimming
· In-depth look into para swimmer scenario’s from the pool deck
· Steps to get involved with U.S. Para Swimming & the Official's Certification Course
· A look into the Official’s Certification Course
This clinic will be presented virtually via zoom. You must register via this Signup Genius registration process. All registrants must sign up individually. Please be sure to fill out all fields in the sign up registration form. Please be sure to provide a valid email address to ensure receipt of the Zoom presentation link. All registrants will receive a presentaion link on Friday, april 23, by 9:00pm PDT.
Virtual Clinic Date: Saturday, April 24, 2021 8:30am PDT
Please note this is scheduled to begin in PDT time, so make your adjustment according to your corresponding time zone.
For more information and resources on Para swimming, visit:
8:30am - 9:45am PDT