U.S. Paralympics Swimming
U. S. Paralympics Swimming is offering a FREE VIRTUAL CLINIC!
This clinic is designed to provide an introductory foundation to para-swimming for swimmers with a disability, coaches, and parents.
In this session, participants can expect to explore:
- Key roles of the USOPC and U.S. Paralympics Swimming
- Distinctions between paralympics and special olympics
- Basic constructs of classification, rules and exception codes
- Levels of Para-Swimmer Development Model (PSDM)
- Competition progression with the PSDM
- Basic Training considerations
- Coaching adaptations for swimmers with disabilities
- What is next in progressing up the pipeline
This clinic will be presented via a Zoom presentation. You must register via the Signup Genius registration. A link to the zoom presenation will be emailed to all registrants on April 23 by 9:00pm EDT. Please enter a valid email address in the registration to ensure you receive the zoom presentation link.
All participants, MUST register individually. Please be sure to fill out all fields in the sign up registration form. The session is designed for 1 hour, however Q & A may run over.
Virtual Clinic Date: Saturday, April 24, 2021 a 10:00am EDT
Zoom Link Email delivery: Friday, April 23, 2021 by 9:00pm EDT
Registrations will continue to be taken up to 2 hour before the start of the Zoom presentation. If you register after Friday, April 23, you will receive the link to the Zoom presentation asap after your registration is received. No registration can be accepted after 8am on the day of the presentation, April 24.
Additional sources of para-swimming information can be found at:
10:00am - 11:20am EDT