East Lynn Park Farmers' Market
Thank you so much for considering donating your time to DECA and our awesome local farmer's market.
We ask that volunteers sign up for one of two times slots:
What are some of the fun things that you'll get to do as a DECA booth volunteer at the market?
- Help the market manager with set up.
- This includes helping set up the DECA and Friends of the Market tents, tables and chairs and bringing some of the material that is stored in the shed to our table. There are usually handouts about Farmer's Markets Ontario, DECA and other community groups kept in a Rubbermaid with a few additional supplies.
- Talk to your friends and neighbours about DECA. Even if you don't know much about who DECA is or what DECA does, you can simply direct people to the website, blog, facebook page or hand out some of the DECA literature that will be available.
- Some neighbours will want to pay their annual $10 DECA membership. You can direct people to the website to pay via PayPal. More detailed instructions should be available in the DECA Rubbermaid, including DECA boundaries.
- There are various wooden games and a large scrabble game stored in the shed that can be taken out and put on the lawn for market-goes to play with.
- Between 5:00 and 5:30 another community volunteer will deliver a delicious meal for all the farmers. You can help dish out and deliver those meals. There should be a supply of paper plates and utensils in the Rubbermaids.
- Help the market manager taking down the market at the end of the night. That includes the DECA and Friends of the Market tents, tables and chairs and returning all the supplies to the storage shed.
Thanks again for contributing your precious gift of time. Your help and presence at the market make it so much more friendly and welcoming.
Let me know if you have any questions!
|| Shelley Darling