Human Trafficking Collaborative Network/United Nations Association-St. Louis/National Council of Jewish Women-St. Louis
This event is being held to commemorate the United Nations' World Day Against Trafficking in Persons and to reflect upon trafficking as it occurs in the St. Louis region. Over this four hour period, you will learn about:
- The magnitude of human trafficking globally
- The landscape of trafficking in St. Louis
- World Day Against Trafficking in Persons and the United Nations’ Sustainability Development Goal 8.7
- Gender-based violence faced by refugees in conflict regions
- Human trafficking survivor leadership
- Legislation and governmental policies in Missouri to combat human trafficking
- How to and be able to participate in action steps to fight human trafficking
See the two-page preliminary program (attached). At the end of the event, you will have an opportunity to participate in an anti-trafficking campaign in the St. Louis region.
The cost for this event is $10 to cover the price of lunch. Admission is free for students and refugees.
10:00am - 2:00pm CDT
International Institute St. Louis
3401 Arsenal St, St. Louis, MO 63118