Earth Day Volunteers 2021
Schedule of Events
April 18 - West River Parking Area and River Clean-up
- Kayaks or Canoes needed to float and clean
- Meet at the Pleasant St. parking area on April 18 at 10:00 a.m.
- Paddlers must wear personal flotations devices and sign a liability waiver
April 24 - Center Brook Conservation Area Shoreline Clean-up
- Volunteers needed to clean-up the Center Brook Conservation Area Shoreline on April 24 at 10:00 a.m.
- Meet behind the Crosswinds subdivision near Dogwood Drive Meet at cul-du-sac at northern end of Dogwood Drive. Liability waiver required. Meet at 10:00 am.
April 24 to May 2 - Upton Street Clean-up!
- Pick a street, leave a bag, clean up the town! Volunteers needed to select streets and collect litter. Interested in participating? Fill out the form below, and off you go!
- Bags are available for pick-up at the following locations
- April 24 from 9 - 11:00 a.m. at the VFW Municipal Lot, 15 Milford St.
- April 24 - May 2 at the Upton Town Library, 2 Main St. during the following times:
- Tues, Wed, Thurs: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Fri and Sat: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Note, no need to take the bags with you. We're working with the Upton DPW to collect all bags and properly dispose the litter throughout the program.
Thank you in advance for helping us keep Upton clean! Sign up for a street today!
Important safety tips:
- Keep a social distance, 6-feet minimum, from others and limit group size to less than five people
- Wear a mask. In accordance with MA COVID-19 Order no. 55 - Facial Coverings are required in any public space
- Wear rubber latex work or garden gloves and bright-colored clothing. Suggest wearing long pants and sleeves, and use a safety vest if available
- Bring a trash grabbing tool if possible
- Clean up in the direction of oncoming traffic and closely supervise children
- If you find a needle, syringe, or any drug paraphernalia, DO NOT TOUCH. Contact the Upton police station with location information
- Immediately after the cleanup, wash your hands and arms and change your clothes. Also, do a tick check.
- Do not pick up trash in poison ivy unless you have a grabbing tool
- If the cases of COVID increase in Upton this clean-up effort may be rescheduled to a later date. We'll communicate any changes with all registered volunteers
9:00am - 12:30pm EDT
All street clean up