Living Classrooms Foundation
The National Park Service is celebrating its 103rd year in 2019. Help observe this amazing achievement by joining us for the Fort McHenry Paddle Project!
Sunday August 25, 2019 at Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine (2400 E. Fort Avenue Baltimore, MD 21230)
In honor of the NPS's 103rd birthday, regular admission fees to the historic Star Fort will be waived all day!
- Choose kayaking or wetlands exploration
- Kayaking: Launch a kayak directly from Fort McHenry and paddle a portion of the Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail. Tandem kayaks and guided instruction provided by Ultimate Watersports. (NOTE - Individual weight limit for kayaks is 225 lbs.)
- Wetlands: Explore the wetlands adjacent to the Fort with National Aquarium staff. Binoculars and waders provided.
- Learn the history of the Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail from National Park Service Rangers.
- Participants must be 12 years or older, and those under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Space is limited for this FREE program, so reserve your spot today!
- Requirements: All participants must sign a waiver and closed-toe shoes are required for participation. Waiver and additional information will be provided via email prior to the event.
|| Christine Truett