Basic Sign Up Protocol
Participation in Invermere Pickleball Club (IPC) play-sessions is restricted to IPC members.
Each player must personally sign up through SignUpGenius.
If possible, prearrange your "Group", and encourage the other player(s) to sign up soon. If you have not prearranged a Group, post a message in the "My Comment" field to recruit players, or join a Group if you satisfy the requirements conveyed in their message.
The schedule default is set for "doubles" play, but "singles" can be arranged as well.
If you are signed up, but won't be attending, delete your booking to free up your space for someone else.
NOTE: THE SIGN UP PROCESS DIFFERS FROM THE PROCESS EMPLOYED LAST WINTER.
The following instructions to booking that will help you achieve your playing objectives.
Sign up instructions
1. Scroll to the IPC play schedule to find a vacancy that meets your requirements - select the "Sign Up" button in your chosen of "Group", then the "Submit a Sign Up" button, to open the next page.
2. If you are the first player to sign up in a Group, you are claiming it, so indicate your intentions in the "My Comments" field. Be clear about your intentions, and include your contact information if you want to screen potential recruits before they sign up.
Suggested messages include:
• playing "singles"; court is full (even if a vacancy is shown)
• advanced player needs an advanced opponent for singles; email me at [email protected]
• 2 beginners seek 2 more beginners (or patient intermediates), call me at 250-xxx-xxxx
• WANTED: any two players rated 3.0 to 3.5 for doubles
• 3 intermediates need a 4th; text me at 250-xxx-xxxx
3. DO NOT adjust the number under "Quantity" (leave it at "1")
4. DO NOT check the box labeled: "Display an alternate name on the sign up".
5. Select the "Sign Up Now" button. The page that opens will display a confirmation of your booked Groups, and it provides options to edit and delete your booking(s). If no changes are warranted, your signup is complete (so you can close SignUpGenius).
6. To edit or delete your message or to delete your booking after you have signed out, re-open the schedule and select the edit or delete icons under your name
You will be notified of any important changes to the IPC rules that may be warranted from time to time, in response to any changes to Provincial Health Authority's requirements.
If you have any questions or problems concerning the rules for signing up or playing, your first step should be to refer to the information shown above. If it doesn't help, additional information is found in the IPC News Bulletin of May 23 and the detailed SignUp Genius instructions on the home page of the IPC website, and if you still can't sort something out, try the IPC's Ancillary Play, Etiquette, & Safety Rules (under Club Documents, then Best Practices) in the IPC website. However, if these references do not help, you may contact the IPC member who represents IPC for the venue that your questions concern:
Pine Ridge: Ray Schoepfer at [email protected]
Copper Point: Scott Frank at [email protected]
Your submission of a Club-scheduled reservation through SignUpGenius indicates that you agree to the content of the Invermere Pickleball Club's "Best Practices During Covid-19" documents: Ancillary Play, Etiquette and Safety Rules, which includes a special waiver, as they are set out in the document that is available by selecting the link shown below:
Covid-19 Best Practices