Rotary Local Service Committee
Meals on Wheels - The Need continues to Roll down the Road
• Pick up meals at the hospital at 12:00 noon. (outside the lower-level entrance at the back of the hospital near Long Term Care and the Wound Healing Center)
• If you find that you are going to be late for your route, please phone the hospital kitchen (507-646-1022) as
soon as possible to alert the staff to this fact.
• If you are showing any signs of COVID-19 or have been exposed to a known case, please do not volunteer.
• Please keep social distance of 6 feet or more to protect clients and drivers from possible exposure to COVID-19.
• All MOW volunteers must WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES.
• Deliver meals to the door of private homes, and to the lobby of apartment and assisted living facilities.
• Don’t enter homes. Always stay six feet or more away from individuals.
• Each meal is in a plastic grocery sack with handles, labeled with the client’s name. You can hang the bag on a door handle (to keep it off the ground) or leave in building lobbies.
• At private homes, ring the bell or knock to let clients know their meal is here. At apartments and assisted living facilities, let the building manager know meals are here, or buzz clients’ apartment if the building has an intercom system in its lobby.