Eastern MA Association of Community Theatres
Have you ever wanted to pursue grants for your organization, but don't know where to start? EMACT is sponsoring a Grant Writing Workshop with Michael McGarty Saturday, March 23 at 10AM at Quannapowitt Players.
Some topics covered in this 2-hour session:
- Need Identification - For what exactly do you need funding? What sets you apart from everyone else?
- Research - Who funds what you do? How do you find out funders' interests? How much will they normally fund?
- Writing/Best Practices - Making the best case possible for your group's projects.
- Creating a realistic project budget.
- Following Up - Next steps once results are in.
Michael McGarty is the Director of Development for the Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild (METG), a non-profit organization that promotes excellence, access, and education in the theatrical arts for middle and secondary school students and teachers. Projects have ranged from writing proposals for specific new programs, to prospect research and fundraising guidance, to ongoing grant writing and development work. He manages the Guild’s donation campaigns and other fundraising projects annually, raising 30% of the organization’s operating budget.
10:00am - 12:00pm EDT
|| Jenny Fielding