The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre
The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre (YEC) provides free career and employment services to youth ages 15 - 24.
The Youth Employment Centre is open for in-person or virtual/remote meetings by APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you would like to book a time to speak to an Employment Counsellor please schedule a session below.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Job Searching Strategies
- Interview Preparation
- Industry Training Options
- Career Planning
- Networking Opportunities
- And more
This first initial meeting may take between 30 - 60 minutes. Once you have signed up for your first session, your employment counsellor will be your contact to schedule any additional meetings.
Sign-up on this page to make an appointment or call 403-268-2490.
IMPORTANT NOTES (Please Read!):
- If you sign-up for a remote appointment with 15 minutes or less before the start time - be aware that there could be a bit of a delay in YEC's response.
- You will only be allowed to schedule ONE appointment for the entire sign up.
- You will not be able to cancel, edit information or change an appointment time 1 DAY (24 hours) prior to the date/time of your session. If you require to change or cancel your apointment, please call 403-268-2490.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION (HOW WE'RE KEEPING YOU SAFE FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS):
- Prior to your in-person appointment, your employment counsellor will connect with you to go over all important information and steps to take before your meeting.
- Only the youth meeting with an employment counsellor is allowed in the building. No parents, caregivers, support staff, or friends can attend meetings, and must wait outside the Alberta Trade Centre.
- Masks must be worn for the duration of your visit. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
- Social distancing must be maintained when possible. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face. Cover coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow.
- Carry and use your own hand sanitizer. If you do not have any, sanitizer will be provided when you enter the building and throughout the building.
For more information about your appointment time, to update your contact information or to change/cancel your appointment please call 403-268-2490 or visit www.YouthEmploymentCentre.ca
|| Colleen Brillantes