All signups due by 4PM Monday. If signing up after 4pm on Monday, call Recreation Cabana (843-681-1498) to confirm your reservation.
You have requested an Island history tour for years, but we were not ready to offer it until we knew, we had the BEST!
This is not your typical scripted tour guide experience. Led by one of the area’s most respected local historians as your personal guide throughout the tour, you will enjoy visiting several little-known locations of America’s history. Aboard the Shuttle you will experience three full hours, one-on-one with a local expert, to hear the TRUE stories of Hilton Head Island’s past that includes: prehistoric shell rings, the Revolutionary War, the Planter’s Era, the Civil War, and the formation of our nation’s first freedman’s town, Mitchelville.
TIME CHANGE STARTING MAY 25th, 2022
Wednesday's Shuttle pick up is at the Bluewater Resort Patio at 9:55 a.m
$42 per person Room Charge Only
- Covid guidelines are that they request anyone who is not vaccinated wear a mask while on the bus. If you are vaccinated, wearing a mask is optional. The tour hosts (driver and tour guide) will not be masked.
- Per vendor agreement minimum of 8 registered guests required for tour, no cancelations or refunds permitted after sign-up is closed at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Given the length and scope of the experience, tour participants must be over the age of 12.
- Please be advised that this is a walking tour with some areas experiencing uneven grounds, so please be sure to wear the appropriate footware.
- If any special needs or assistance is required, please see Recreation Staff before signing-up to verify if those needs can be accommodated. Given space limitations and the nature of the sights to be visited we cannot guarantee all requests can be met.
|| Bluewater Recreation