Ag Fair Volunteers
This year the Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Fair is going green.
Island Grown Initiative (IGI) has been hired to oversee trash, recycling, and composting operations. We have revamped how the waste will be handled. There will be three centralized Waste Stations where fairgoers will bring their waste, and then Green Team workers and volunteers will help them sort everything properly. This is a great opportunity to make sure all of the waste at the Ag Fair is going to its optimal end point, and less waste is ending up in a landfill.
Green Team waste volunteer
- Tasks include:
- Oversee waste station operations, ensuring the smooth operation of assisting guests with sorting waste into proper receptacles
- Educating fairgoers about the end cycle of their waste (where it goes)
- Handing out food waste buckets to vendors, collecting food waste buckets and bringing to central waste area
- Directing fairgoers to water refill station
- Answering questions for fairgoers
- Waste volunteers will sign up for 3 hours shifts (as many as they’d like!)
- This is an unpaid position, but volunteers will receive free entry to the fair on the day(s) they are working, and a Green Team Fair t-shirt
|| Island Grown Initiative