Ag Fair Green Team
This year the Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Fair is going green.
Island Grown Initiative (IGI) has been hired to oversee trash, recycling, and composting operations. We have revamped how the waste will be handled. There will be three centralized Waste Stations where fairgoers will bring their waste, and then Green Team workers and volunteers will help them sort everything properly. This is a great opportunity to make sure all of the waste at the Ag Fair is going to its optimal end point, and less waste is ending up in a landfill.
Green Team waste worker
- Tasks include:
- Staffing the waste stations, assisting fairgoers in properly sorting their waste, and running trash, recycling and food waste to the central waste area for proper disposal
- Educating fairgoers about the end cycle of their waste (where it goes)
- Handing out food waste buckets to vendors, collecting food waste buckets and bringing them to central waste area
- Rinsing food waste containers
- Directing fairgoers to water refill station
- Morning shift will include light trash cleanup in the parking areas
- Waste workers will sign up for 4-5 hour shifts
- Pay is $6/hour, plus free entry to the fair on the day(s) they are working, and a Green Team Fair t-shirt
|| Island Grown Initiative