Backpacks For The Street
Welcome to Backpacks For The Street volunteer registration.
Coronavirus Update: BFTS is considered an "essential service" and is operating daily during the COVID-19 crisis to help the homeless, who are among the MOST VULNERABLE.
We take the current environment very seriously and have implemented stringent measures to ensure the safety of both our volunteers and our clients, including ways to interact safely while attending to the needs of the homeless.
Until further notice, we are limiting our street teams to two groups of no more than two or three people and adhering to social distancing protocol.
Keeping everyone safe and healthy is paramount concern.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, BFTS is hitting the streets throughout Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens with backpacks and COVID-fighting kits operating out of our van in each neighborhood we assist.
Because we are working at a faster pace and on a rolling schedule there is no sign up sheet. Instead, email [email protected], and one of us will reach out to register you.
If you live in an area you think we should be in, please let us know, as we encourage our volunteers to help us naviagate their neighborhoods.
Masks and Gloves will be provided and are MANDATORY for every volunteer.
If you have any questions, please contact our CEO, Jeffrey Newman at [email protected].
Other 2020 Events:
Note: The 2020 calendar is constantly evolving as the Coronavirus pandemic unfolds. Please keep checking back.
Anticipated upcoming specialty outings include:
- Austin Public/BFTS Lunch To Go in Forest Hills
- Mother's Day
- Lower East Side and Alphabet City
- July 4th
- CEO’s Annual Birthday Give Out
- Halloween 2020
- BFTS Pre-Thanksgiving
- World AIDS Day, Helping Our Homeless Living With HIV
- National Giving Day 2020
- Holiday 2020 Backpack and Gift Give Away
Please keep checking back as this list is updated regularly.
For more information, email [email protected]
Note: Please Read
- Volunteers who are giving out backpacks and who have NOT gone out with us before must attend an orientation on the day of this event. The time for this is already built into the schedule. This helps us maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- All volunteers need to download and sign the BFTS Rule of Conduct, as well as a liability and release form located below. You can either email your signed copy or bring it with you.
If a time slot is full, email us to be added to our wait list.
Follow us on Facebook: @backpacksforthestreet
|| Backpacks For The Street