Backpacks For The Street
Welcome to Backpacks For The Street volunteer registration. We operate by the mantra that a person's circumstances does not diminish their value as a human being or make them any less deserving of kindness and compassion. Something as simple as a backpack can give a person a boost of hope and show them, they are not alone.
Registration Currently Open:
- Oct. 19 & 21: Harlem and Far Rockaway
- To register, go to: https://tinyurl.com/BFTS-OCT19-21
- Oct. 23 and 24: Jamaica and Rego Park, Queens.
- Registration closed. (Full with wait list)
- Oct. 27: Grand Central Terminal and Midtown East (NYC)
- To register, go to: https://tinyurl.com/bfts-Oct27
- Oct. 31: NYC: Backpacks and Halloween Bags
Upcoming 2019 events:
- Nov. 14: CXP
- Nov. 18: Manhattan
- Nov. 25-27: Thanksgiving
- Dec. 1.: World AIDS Day, Helping Our Homeless Living With HIV
- Dec. 3: National Giving Day
- Dec 12-14: TBA
- Dec 22: Holiday Backpack and Gift Give Away
Please note, we will be adding additonal dates NOT currently listed. Please check back often, or email, [email protected]
We are also planning to do added days with a special outreach to the large (and growing) homeless immigrant population. Details to follow soon.
Registration for these will open shortly. To be notified when they do, email [email protected]
Note: Please Read
- Volunteers who are giving out backpacks must attend a 30 minute orientation on the day of this event. The time for this is already built into the schedule. This helps us maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- All volunteers need to download and sign the BFTS Rule of Conduct, as well as a liability and release form located below. You can either email your signed copy or bring it with you.
If the time slot you want is full, please email [email protected] to be added to our wait list. Occasionally space opens up.
Have questions? Please email: [email protected]
12:00am - 12:05am EDT
|| Backpacks For The Street