Backpacks For The Street
Welcome to Backpacks For The Street volunteer registration. We operate by the mantra that a person's circumstances does not diminish their value as a human being or make them any less deserving of kindness and compassion. Something as simple as a backpack can give a person a boost of hope and show them, they are not alone.
Check back often as this list is updated regularly with new outing.
Currently Open For Registration:
- June 23-24 Gay Pride, Helping Our Homeless LGBT
- June 27, 2019: Revman II - The Garment District
- July 4th, 2019: Fourth of July Holiday Bags and Hotdogs and Hamburgers
- There's something about being thought of and included on a holiday that's very heartwarming for people who have no one.
- This is a special outing where we give out specially made bags with holiday treats and life necessities, along with traditional hotdogs and hamburgers.
- This will be similar to our well received Valentine's Day outing and Easter events.
To sign up, go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0545aba82ba4f85-july
- July 15-16th, 2019: Rego Park and Forest Hills
- On July 15th, we will be packing and assembling backpacks at Austin Public in the morning.
- Going out with the backpacks will begin around noon on the 15th.
- On July 16th, a buffet brunch for our homeless men and wome will be held. We will need a handful of volunteers to assist.
To sing up, go to:
Scheduled, Registration To Open Shortly
- July 17, 2019: Briarwood and Jamaica, Queens (TBA)
- August, 2019: Brooklyn
- August/September, 2019: Sleeping On The Street
- September 6 - 9, 2019: Harlem and the Bronx
- September 29, 2019: CEO's Birthday Give Out
- October 2019: TBA
- November 2019: TBA
- December 1, 2019: World AIDS Day, Helping Our Homeless Living With HIV
- December 3: National Giving Day
- December 22, 2019: Holiday Backpack and Gift Give Away
We are also planning to do added days with a special outreach to the large (and growing) homeless immigrant population. Details to follow soon.
Registration for these will open shortly. To be notified when they do, email [email protected]
Note: Please Read
- Volunteers who are giving out backpacks must attend a 30 minute orientation on the day of this event. The time for this is already built into the schedule. This helps us maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- All volunteers need to download and sign the BFTS Rule of Conduct, as well as a liability and release form located below. You can either email your signed copy or bring it with you.
If the time slot you want is full, please email [email protected] to be added to our wait list. Occasionally space opens up.
Have questions? Please email: [email protected]
12:00am - 12:05am EDT
|| Backpacks For The Street