LOVE Boerne Kids, a program of the Boerne Community Coalition (BCC), assembles Hearts of Love Weekend Food Bags each week. Throughout the year, the bags are delivered to children residing at the Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) Meadowland campus. During the summer break, the weekend food bags are delivered to children participating in the Summer Lunch Program as well.
It only takes an hour once a week!
- HOL Team Leader - You must be a Certified Food Handler to sign up for the Team Leader slot. Team Leaders need to arrive by 11:15 am to help with set up & stay after to clean up. Note that as a Team Leader your primary role will be to supervise the HOL bag assembly process. Summer only position.
- HOL Youth Assistant Leader - These slots are reserved for volunteers who have been pre-approved, completed Food Handler Certification, & trained by the BCC as HOL Youth Assistant Leaders. You will earn Leadership Service Hours. Summer only position.
- HOL Set Up Volunteer - Help unload food & set up room for HOL bag assembly.
- HOL Assembly Volunteer - Assemble HOL bags, load and/or store bags for delivery, & clean up. Please only sign up for a slot for ages 12+.
- HOL Delivery Volunteer - Load HOL bags & deliver them to the Meadowland campus on Friday mornings. The drop off location is the Macia building (2 story white building). Enter the campus & drive toward the flagpole. Take the circle drive to the left. The Macia building is on the right. Park in front of the building & knock on the door to let them know you are here. Kristen is the front office manager; she will come out to help you unload. BE VERY CAUTIOUS OF SPEED LIMIT AT 7 MPH; watch for kids playing on the grounds. The contact phone number is 830-816-2425 x2100. If no one answers the door, leave the HOL bags on the front porch. Please only sign up for a slot for ages 16+ (with valid driver's license & SUV or Truck).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Feel free to sign up for multiple shifts.
- Youth volunteers can earn service hours.
- Children under 12 are welcome to come with a parent & help as a family unit.
- Do not bring any extra volunteers to your shift (except children under 12).
- Baseball cap or ponytail recommended; face mask is optional.
Help us LOVE Boerne Kids - please sign up today!
Allergy Notice: The Boerne Community Coalition CANNOT guarantee a food allergy free environment for Lunch Prep & Hearts of Love Weekend Food Bag assembly. Lunches & food bags are NOT prepared in a nut free environment. Both lunches & food bags MAY contain nut, dairy, & other allergy causing items.