Watch Dog Program
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM MRS. SHANNON MITCHELL VIA EMAIL OR PHONE CALL AFTER YOU'VE SUBMITTED TO BE A WATCH DOG DAD YOUR DATE IS NOT CONFIRMED.
How Will WatchDOGS Support Education and Safety at Harada?
These men will:
- Always wear Official Uniform T-shirts while they are on official WatchDOG duty.
- ENCOURAGE STUDENTS! (with lots of smiles and high fives, etc.)
- Help with traffic flow of vehicles and students at arrival and dismissal times
- Monitor hallways and entrances
- Monitor buildings - inside/outside
- Assist at lunch
- Assist at recess, study hall, social times
- Eat lunch with students
- Play or referee on the playground or in the gym
- Read with classes or tutor small groups of students
- Work with flash cards and/or educational games
- Actively and positively engage with their student and others
- Speak to classes about importance of education and career choices
- Be available to mentor male students
- Be chaperones on field trips and away games/activities
- Assist coaches and activity sponsors
- Help students with test review
- Support fine arts classes (i.e. band, choir, art, yearbook, etc.) with your presence and/or experience
- Smile and be a hero for a day!
|| Shannon Mitchell