All the faithful of the Archdiocese of Chicago continue to be dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation until further notice.
CAUTION: There remains an inherent risk in coming to church at this time. If you or those for whom you care are vulnerable to infection, Bishop Cupich encourages you to stay home. If you feel sick in any way, do not come.
Please note: Private prayer is not available after Masses. Those going to Confession will need to stand along the aisle. We need time to disinfect the church before the next Mass.
Congregation size is strictly limited to a maximum of up to 15% seating capacity with social distancing of at least six feet. (Families and members of the same household are exempt from these six-foot social distancing requirements.) Advance sign ups required. Make ONE reservation per household and write how many people will be attending Mass where it asks in the comment section. Your reservation will be given away 5 minutes after Mass begins.
All attendees are expected to:
- be signed up in advance (sign up below, if you have difficulties, call the rectory at (773) 736-6060 for assistance).
- wear a face covering - bring your own, we will not be able to provide them
- have their own hand sanitizer with them to use before entering the church and immediately before receiving Holy Communion
- maintain social distancing during the celebration (6 feet between yourself and others, except household members) AND while processing forward to recieve.
- Before receiving communion use personal hand sanitizer. When stepping forward to the communion minister leave your mask on. Once receiving communion in the hand, step to the side, removemask and receive the Body of Christ. After receiving communion, immediately place mask back on and return to seat by way of the side aisles, again always maintaining proper social distance. It has been mandated that communion wil not be offered on the tongue for any reason. The precious blood will not be offered to the congregation.
When you arrive for Mass, you will line up outside at the porte cochere door; the northwest entrance facing the parking lot, standing in the designated places to keep proper social distancing. After checking your reservation, ushers will show each household to their place, seating the church from front to back. Please follow their instructions and sit only in the designated area of your pew. The doors to the church will be opened 15 minutes before Mass. Please note, the Mother’s chapel and the side transepts are not available for seating at this time.
At the end of Mass, everyone must remain in their pew. Pews will be dismissed by the ushers in an orderly fashion. When dismissed, we ask that you depart immediately. You may not congregate in the parking lot.
DO NOT ATTEND if you feel sick in any way, are coughing, or are sneezing.