Family Promise TBC Raleigh
What Can You Do To Help?
- Set Up/Take Down - At 2:30pm on the Sunday that our guests arrive, we set up a den, a breakfast room and bedrooms. The following Sunday morning at 7:15am everything is removed and the rooms reset for Sunday School. Both processes take about an hour. Coordinators: Joe Ward (919.696.4281) [email protected] and Ben Wood (919.306.9663) [email protected]
- Van Drivers - Using the Family Promise van, we provide transportation for our guests to the Family Promise Day Center located on Method Road (off Western Blvd). Guests are picked up around 5:30pm and dropped off prior to 7:00am (Saturday and Sunday a.m. times vary slightly). Coordinators: Hal Lowrance (919.605.3752) [email protected] and Charla Peel (919.614.6322) [email protected]
- Dinner Hosts - SS classes or other groups provide a hot meal and enjoy eating dinner with our guests around 6:30pm each evening. Coordinators: Stephanie Treadway (919.360.3632) [email protected] and Jane Dickens (919.951.9785) [email protected]
- Overnight Hosts/Hostess - One male and one female adult (21 or over, does not have to be a married couple as separate bedrooms are provided, great for parent to bring their children) come on assigned evening (6:00pm) to eat dinner and spend time with the guests (e.g. watch TV, talk, etc.), to see that things run smoothly throughout the night, to set out breakfast in the morning and to ensure guests are ready to leave by 6:30am. Note: While not required, please consider driving the van on the evening or morning you host. Coordinators: Melinda Cook (919.623.5363) [email protected], Brenda Lowrance (919.605.1609) [email protected] and Emma Pope (919.971.2259) [email protected]
- Recreation - Individuals, families or SS classes help our guest children enjoy after-dinner fun (e.g. play in the ROC or on the playground, arts-n-crafts, homework, etc.). Generally arrive by 7:00pm and finish by 8:30pm. Coordinators: Kelly Beck (919.946.5148) [email protected] and Emma Pope (919.971.2259) [email protected]
- Food Supplies - Donated items for breakfast, lunch and snacks, including box drinks, bottled water and paper products are needed. A list of required items will be posted on Signup Genius a few weeks prior to Trinity’s hosting week. These items are to be brought to the church the Sunday morning of the hosting week. Coordinators: Angie Ferree (919.274.4350) [email protected], Becky Dribbon (919.302.2516) [email protected] and Kim Spence (919.413.8129) [email protected]
- Non-Food Supplies - We need donated items, such as toiletry items for the guests, cleaning supplies, diapers, etc. A list of required items will be posted in the newsletter and/or on Signup Genius a few weeks prior to Trinity’s hosting week. Generally these items are to be dropped off at the church prior to the hosting week. Coordinators: Jane Dickens (919.951.9785) [email protected] and Kim Price (919.218.8261) [email protected].
If you have any questions about Family Promise and our volunteer opportunities, please contact the appropriate Team Coordinator above, or contact one of the TBC Family Promise Coordinators, Beth Duke (919.880.7454) [email protected] or Beverly Munday (919.848.2451) [email protected].
|| Family Promise TBC Raleigh