FUMC NB Youth
PUMPKIN PATCH 2021
The FUMCNB Pumpkin Patch is not only a GREAT fundraiser, but an AWESOME community outreach!
We need youth and families to sign up to help with the pumpkin patch!
Following are the time slots to work the Pumpkin Patch. Shift times and help needed will vary but, there must be at least 1 adult (21 yrs. of age or older) working every shift or two senior high students. There is a sign in sheet in the binder. Please sign in at the beginning of your shift. Youth, remember the time you work in the patch can be used for service hours for school. You can request to have time calculated and signed off on.
There will be a gray tub that will have cash box, iPad or tablet to run credit cards, and a binder. The binder includes all information about the patch including who to call with questions, a sign in sheet when you come in for your shift, and a log to count the money at the beginning and end of your shift. You will only need to count cash and checks. Do not worry about credit card charges. There is also a separate box for donations. This tub will be in the church office overnight.
There will be a classroom open, the one with the pricing on the windows, that has a restroom and is air conditioned.
- Located in the binder but will also be on the windows.
- Pricing is by size. If it's in between sizes, go with the lower price.
- Cash, checks, and credit cards are excepted.
- The IPad/tablet will have Square Card Reader app. It will log in automatically. All you do is type in the amount, hit charge, and it will tell you when to swipe the card.
- You will have money in the money box but it more is needed, there will be additional money in the church office.
- Take money and run credit cards
- Walk through patch and find any rotten, old, stinky pumpkins
- Move to the trailer or have youth move them
- Work the patch - find any rotten, old pumpkins and move to the trailer.
- Show customers pumpkins
- Help load to their cars if needed
- Offer to take pictures for people
If a youth is in need of service hours for school or clubs, please indicate on the signup sheet during their shift and either Patrick, Julie or Sara, or Michelle can sign off on those hours for you.
EXTRA IMPORTANT INFO: The pumpkin delivery is scheduled for Friday, September 24, 2021. Please plan on being there around 4:00 pm. Bring as many family members, friends, and wheelbarrows/wagons, to help unload. A text will be sent out a confirming the time to unload.
***AND... THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR PUMPKIN PATCH SUCH A SUCCESS EACH YEAR!!!***
FUMC New Braunfels
|| Michelle Sonnen