Shepherd of the Hills (All)
Shepherd of the Hills Ushering needs you!
What is an usher? It can be defined as "one who has the care of the door". As an usher you are opening the door of opportunity for all to worship, inviting them into the sanctuary. It is an easy task that helps many. It is also important for the church community and it is a fun role. There is no advance preparation necessary, so if you are coming to church considering ushering for one Sunday or two Sundays or more. The tasks are outlined below.
1. Arrive at church 15 minutes before service time. Pass out the bulletins as you greet all who enter the sanctuary. Introduce yourself to those you don't know!!
2. During the service, count the attendees (including the nursery) and record the number on the green paper taped to Amanda's desk in the main office;
3. Receive the offering plates from the acolyte (or pastor) in front of altar. Pass the plates through out congregation. Before the service begins, ask a third person to help pass the plates.
4. Return plates, along with the communion bread and wine (from small table at back of sanctuary), to the altar at the end of the offering music.
5. Direct the congregation during communion. Begin with those seated in the far left and right sections beside baptismal font and pulpit. Then move to those seated in the center sections, directing them down the center aisle to the altar.
6. Hand out the Weekly Connections, one per family, at the end of the service as they leave.
7. Please pick up/straighten up the sanctuary after the service. 8:15 ushers - please return the friendship folders back to the first chair in each row. 10:45 ushers - please pull the used sheets from the friendship folders as you return them to the first chair in each row. Place sheets on Amanda's desk in the main office.
Questions - contact Amanda Forsberg or [email protected] or 512-327-3370.
|| Church Office