Broadview Heights Spotlights
Auditions for Spotlights’ Summer Youth Musical: "The Who’s Tommy"
The 2019 Broadview Heights Spotlights Summer Youth Production is The Who’s Tommy. Based on the band’s iconic 1969 rock concept album, this rock opera is an exhilarating story of hope, healing and the human spirit. The story of the pinball-playing, deaf, dumb and blind boy who triumphs over his adversities has inspired, amazed and puzzled audiences. The show celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019!
Auditions will be held by appointment on Sunday, April 7 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Auditioners should sign up for an audition slot at www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org. Invited callbacks, if necessary, will be held on Thursday, April 11. Rehearsals will begin at the end of April. The show runs June 20 – 30, and will be the premiere production the Spotlights' new 3200-square-foot performance space!
The show will be directed by Tim Anderson, music directed by Ryan Bergeron, and choreographed by Maggie Majercik. Performers (ages 12 to 20) are invited to audition. There are a small number of roles available for younger performers, and those interested should contact the director directly at [email protected].
The show contains mature language and themes, and those auditioning and their parents should be familiar with the material before auditioning.
Those auditioning should:
- Plan to attend only one night of auditions.
- Be familiar with the show and its music, language, and themes.
- Prepare two one-minute, contrasting songs (one up-tempo, one ballad), at least one of these should be a rock song in the style of the show.
- Bring sheet music in the correct keys, hole-punched in a three-ring binder. Singers will not be permitted to sing a cappella.
- Bring a list of conflicts between April 22 and June 30 (including all school concerts, lessons, practices, games, family obligations, etc.).
For a full show synopsis, character breakdowns, more information, or to sign up for an audition slot, please visit http://broadview-heights-spotlights.org.
Additional questions may be sent to the director at [email protected].
Plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled time.