Stephanie A. Johnson, LCSW
Certified EMDR Therapist and Approved Consultant
Can I Do This? C-PTSD and Dissociation within the 8 phases of EMDR. Join Stephanie Johnson for an in-person, hands-on discussion about C-PTSD and Dissociation. An EMDRIA Approved Intermediate-Advanced EMDR Training.
Stephanie has been working as an LCSW for over 20 years. Her experience spans from inpatient mental health hospital for acute short-term stabilization, adolescent residential treatment for mental health/behavioral issues, and private practice.
Course Description: This advanced level course teaches how to blend an existing 8 phases of EMDR clinical skill set into the treatment of C-PTSD and Dissociation. Working from Pierre Janet's 3 phased trauma treatment model, participants will gain additional tools to aid in effectively managing the window of tolerance during treatment.
1.) Compare/Contrast C-PTSD from PTSD
2.) Identify complex stress reactions of C-PTSD
3.) Review differences between DID and OSDD diagnoses
4.) Identify dissociative features and adaptations
5.) Mesh C-PTSD and Dissociation clinical skills into all 8 Phases of EMDR sessions and recognize the fluidity of phases
6.) Phase 1: List 8 identifiers that could indicate the presence of C-PTSD and/or Dissociation in order to use 5 types of assessments to gain further client information and insight into experiences while Organizing/Constructing biopsychosocial information into EMDR targets.
7.) Phase 2: Develop a minimum of 2 skills and resources to utilize for resourcing and stabilization to practice using EMD^/EMDr in assisting desensitization/stabilization in Phase 2 through Phase 3 by interpreting how to use the seven questions to assess the client’s readiness to continue to next phases.
8.) Phase 4: Identify multiple tools to use for stabilization between sets (e.g. quick grounding, back of head scale) to explain how to use Phase 2 skills to aid in keeping client in window of tolerance during Phase 4 and into Phase 5 by reporting 5 key points to consider at this phase when working with C-PTSD and Dissociation.
9.) Phase 6: Recognize how to incorporate the whole self during body scan and practice use of language leading into Phase 7 by identifying the role of grounding/stabilization, and then apply the use of slow bilateral for enhancement of adaptive belief.
10.) Phase 8: Identify and highlight the importance of reevaluation and potential expansion during treatment.This exemplifies how EMDR fits into Pierre Janet's 3-phases of trauma treatment in clinical during this reevaluation.
This training is IN-PERSON held at the Tebala Event Center 7910 Newburg Rd, Rockford, IL 61108
This signup includes both Monday, November 14 and Tuesday, November 15 for a total cost of $350.
Agenda (Monday, November 14)
8:00- 8:30 Registration
9:00-9:30 Review of differences between PTSD and C-PTSD & Dissociative Disorder
9:30-10:30 Phase 1
10:45-11:30 Continue Phase 1
12:30-1:15 Phase 2
1:30- 4:00 Phase 2
4:00 4:30 Wrap up questions
Agenda (Tuesday, November 15)
8:30 - 10:30 Continuation Phase 2 + practicum
10:45-11:30 Phase 3
12:30-1:30 Phase 4
1:30- 2:00 Phase 5
2:15-3:15 Phase 6 + practicum
3:15-3:45 Phase 7
3:45-4:15 Phase 8
4:15-4:30 Wrap/ questions
Cancellation/Grievance Policy: Cancellations must be made 15 days prior to scheduled event for full refund. Cancellations made 14 days or less are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Please send regrets to [email protected]
ADA Assistance Policy: This training workshop is held in a facility which complies with the
Americans Disabilities Act. Please email [email protected] or call 815.669.0101 for special accomodations.
Program level: Full EMDR Training required. This course is intended for Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors.
Skill level: Intermediate-Advanced.
Certificate of Completion of EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training required upon
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering the keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2674
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
Visit us online for more information about Clarity at https://www.clarityrkfd.com/