The Board of Directors has been engaged with a HR Director and attorney to provide resources for our member groups to better understand harassment claims, investigation, and actions. As a result of multiple requests regarding training, we have engaged Deirdre Higgins, VP of Human Resources and an attorney to present this workshop. We encourage Presidents as well as Board of Director members and producers to attend the workshop. There will be instruction as well as the opportunity to ask specific questions. Please take advantage of this workshop as theatre groups continue to struggle with how best to provide a safe environment to enjoy our craft.
Where: Arlington Friends of the Drama,
22 Academy Street, Arlington, MA,
September 22, from 10:00-12:00.
We live in an era where unethical or noncompliant behavior can ruin a theatre group or individual’s reputation. In this workshop you will learn:
- The definition of harassment
- How to spot harassment
- What procedure to follow if some in your group tells you they are being harassed
- The policy on an harassment investigation
- How to protect yourself when working with adult or child actors one-on-one
The training includes:
- Frank and open discussion of real life situations
- Fun and interactive activities
- All the information and resources you need to keep your community theatre group safe, reputable and free from harassment
Deirdre Higgins will facilitate this workshop: Deirdre has a law degree focused on employment law and has been the Vice President of Human Resources for over 15 years. Deirdre wrote the policy and procedures on harassment for EMACT. Please join us for an informative and necessary workshop.
10:00am - 12:00pm EDT
Arlington Friends of the Drama
22 Academy St, Arlington, MA 02476
|| Jennifer Fielding