Today, May 17th it was decided to cancel the 8U tournament due to the forecast for lots of rain and cooler temperatures this weekend.
We also may have the opportunity to host some state qualifiers for the post season. Please plan to shign up to do your mandatory volunteer duty at that time. We will email and invite people to signup once details are determined.
June 29 - 30th
July 13 - 14th
Parents of 8U Fastpitch Players:
It is time for the 6th Annual Minnetonka May Madness 8U Tournament! As part of your commitment, parents are required to fulfill their volunteer duty at this tournament. ONLY ONE HEAD COACH IS EXEMPT FOR ONE PLAYER. Assistant Coaches are encouraged to sign up either for "Set Up Crew", "Grounds Crew", or "Break Down Crew". Spouses are more than encouraged to take the place of the assistant coaches.
Teams will be notified of their specific game times once 100% of the parents have either signed up or made other arrangements with Wendy Gabler at [email protected].
You should have the following expectations:
1-You may miss a part of or one whole game.
2-You may not be able to see your daughter playing while you are volunteering.
3-You may get dirty.
4-All parents with an 8U player attending the tournament is required to volunteer. If you need to make arrangements, please email Wendy at [email protected]. Due to the large number of slots to fill and varied tasks - exceptions to doing duty this weekend will be rare.
5-Volunteer hours will be recorded while volunteering. It is YOUR responsibility to complete the requirements AND SIGN IN TO GET CREDIT.
6-The schedule of games will NOT be posted until all 8U parents have signed up or have made arrangements with Wendy Gabler (Volunteer Coordinator) at [email protected].
7-Please feel free to sign up for more than one shift! We have more shifts than 8U players and appreciate the additional help to put on a good tournament.
We will have six categories in which to volunteer:
1. Set Up Crew
- Prepare Booths
- Set up signage
- Prepare fields for first round of games
2. Grounds Crew
- Rake fields between games
- Clean up debris and keeping areas clean
- Add chalk to fields if needed
- Clean out dugouts between games
3-Information Booth - Admin
- Check-in teams
- Lost and Found
- Keep brackets up-to-date
- Answer questions
- Make and deliver ice packs to injured players
- Manage Volunteer Sign-In
- Must be an adult AND a parent of an MGSA player
- Must be an adult to volunteer for this duty
- Must be comfortable cooking/grilling
- Must be 16 years or older to volunteer for this duty
Please NOTE: Last shifts on each day will also be part of-Clean Up Crew
- Prepare Legacy for Sunday Slow Pitch Games
- Break down booths, helping with concession clean up
- Clean up debris and dugouts
- Must be 13 years or older to volunteer for this duty
Thanks for your cooperation and quick responses to this Sign Up Genius.
|| Minnetonka Softball