Dance Innovations Dance Center
At DIDC, we LOVE our parent volunteers! They are directly responsible for helping our recital run as smoothly as possible. Volunteers (Dressing Room Chaperons and Ushers) are needed for each of our three shows.
Show #1 - 11:00 AM, Show #2 - 2:00 PM, Show #3 - 5:00 PM
Recitals will be held Saturday, June 8th at CMS (Cooperative Middle School, 100 Academic Way, Stratham, NH)
Dressing Room Chaperon
- ALL of our dressing room chaperones are there to help ALL of our dancers as we have quite a few first-time recital dancers who will be in need of your help.
- You are committed to be in the dressing room for the entire length of the show. This means that if you choose to volunteer for a show in which you dancer is performing, you may NOT watch from the backstage wings – you may, however, stand inside the door of the auditorium to watch only your dancer’s performances as long as you have coverage in the dressing room.
- In addition to helping with costume changes and potty breaks, dressing room volunteers help keep the dancers backstage very entertained with movies, games, coloring, and dancers can even watch the show on closed-circuit TV.
- Volunteers must arrive 30 minutes prior to the show and check-in with the Dressing Room Manager. Volunteers should expect to remain in the dressing rooms until all dancers have been claimed by their parents.
***For parents of new dancers: Our experience has been that it actually tends be easier for the dancers if their parents are NOT in the dressing room - which is why I recommend dressing room chaperones to volunteer for the show their dancer is NOT in, so you can enjoy the show that they ARE in.
- Your main duty will be to hand out programs and show people to their seats. (You will receive a seating chart to familiarize yourself at recital).
- You must use your free ticket for yourself, as you WILL be able to watch the recital from your seat once the show starts.
- You must arrive one-half hour prior to your show and check-in with the Head Usher.
- You will be issued a volunteer lanyard with your name on it, which must be worn for the duration of the show.
- Volunteer Ushers are to clear out the theater with the removal of any trash/leftover programs immediately after the show.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY MEETING TO GO OVER RESPONSIBILITIES - MAY 21ST 5:45 PM
UPON TURNING IN YOUR LANYARD AT THE END OF YOUR SHOW, A STUDIO CREDIT OF $25 WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS A THANK YOU.
If you think you’re up for one (or more!) of these the jobs, we’d love to have you!
|| Katie Fitzpatrick