Trunk or Treat 2018
2018 marks our 5th Annual Trunk or Treat event. This is a fantastic way to provide a safe and non-scary environment for trick or treating.
Questions? Contact Michelle Turnipseed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-914-1515
- Event is from 6-8 pm in the back parking lot of Point of Grace
- Setup begins at 4:30 and needs to be completed by 5:30 pm. Cones will be set up to prevent traffic beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Trunks are asked to bring their own candy, 1-2 pieces for every child. Contact Michelle if you need candy donations. We have around 300 kids come through.
- Decorate with this in mind: We are to be LIGHT on a night that celebrates darkness. Decorations should be Preschool-aged friendly so no human or animal skeletons (including the sugar skulls or items related to Day of the Dead), witches, goblins, blood, vampires, gore, headstones, graveyards etc. Ask yourself, "Would this frighten a 4 year old?" "Does this draw attention to death and dying?" "Is this something that honors God?" "Is this appropriate to reflect who Point of Grace is?"
- The parking lot will be lit up as we will have donated event lights!
- Tables for eating will be set up in the lobby to encourage families to come inside the building and provide greater hospitality by making our restrooms easily available
- Vehicles will be arranged in a large circle
- You are welcome to dress up too!
- We intentionally invite our Little Hands of Grace families and we invite 500 homes surrounding Point of Grace to attend.
EVENT NEEDS for SIGNUPS
We need PEOPLE PRAYING over this event. You can do this from your home, your car, wherever you are.
We need TRUNKS--30 at a MINIMUM! Please bring candy to hand out. If finances are an issue, we will have candy available for you. Please let Michelle know if you need donated candy so we can plan accordingly. We had over 300 children come through last year if that assists you in planning your candy supply. We would also like at least 15 of the trunks to be some kind of 'game' that is interactive and fun. Michelle will send out ideas for you. Simplicity is the KEY! Think carnival-type games.
We need FOOD PEOPLE! You get to assist our Sausage Wrap Making Extraordinaire Pastor and help manage anything involving our Kitchen, food, drinks, setup/cleanup.
We need people DONATING CANDY for this event. You can bring your bags of individually wrapped candy to the church lobby starting NOW!
6:00pm - 8:00pm CST
East Parking Lot at Point of Grace
|| Michelle Turnipseed