What Does the Queen Carry in her Purse?
If you answered, "Two tickets to a Stageworks show," you'd be correct!
Queen Elizabeth famously carries a London-made Launer handbag wherever she goes. A real one includes a price tag of $2,500 or more. But you can own one of the clever knock-offs created by our props department for far less. Each of the four handbags you will see in tonight's performance will be available on a silent auction, which closes at 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 1 after the final matinee performance. If you are the lucky winner, you'll get to peep inside and discover that the Queen does indeed carry two tickets to a Stageworks show!
The bags come in four colors:
- Emerald (carried by Mags - top left)
- Aubergine (carried by Q - top right)
- Chestnut (carried by Liz - bottom left)
- Jet (carried by T - bottom right)
How Does the Silent Auction Work?
Next to your favorite handbag listed below:
- Click “sign up” next to the bag color.
- Click “Submit and Sign Up”
- On the next page, include your bid amount in the comments.
- Enter your name, email and phone number. (Please note that ONLY your name and bid amount is displayed to other participants.)
- Click “Sign Up Now.”
- Repeat steps to bid on other bags.
The minimum bid for any bag, which includes a pair of tickets to any Stageworks Theatre production, is $50. Feel free to bid on one or all of the handbags. The silent auction closes on Sunday, Aug. 1 at 5 p.m. We will contact the auction winners by Tuesday, Aug. 3. Thank you for your support!
|| Courtney Johnson