• Participating in the Fair is a HUGE benefit to both Redwood Writers and members. We make friends and develop contacts. We get lots of exposure! The Fair runs for 11 days, August 2-12.
• The RW booth will again be in the E.C. Kraft Building, near the Brookwood entrance and attached to the Garrett Building.
• If you are a published author, you may sell books. If not, we encourage you to work at our merchandise & handouts table or greeter table. Being at the Fair is fun! • Each day we need 8 authors and 2 volunteers for selling RW merchandise, handing out RW material, and greeting. Authors will be assigned to a table spot each day. The Day Manager is in charge. • If we do not have enough volunteers to cover the merchandise and greeter table each day, authors will rotate into those slots for a couple of hours; they will be able to sell their own books from the merchandise table during that time.
• There is a flat $22 fee for authors and no fee for table workers. (RW is a Fair "sponsor" and pays a fee to participate.)
• You may sign up for one to five days. You must arrive at 10:30 a.m. to set up, and work until 5:30 p.m. when we begin cleaning up the booth and putting things away. (There are no "shifts." None.)
• All authors and table volunteers will get free passes to the Fair. We will mail your pass for the first day you are scheduled to work. Passes for your other days will be handed out by the Day Manager.
• You must pay for parking, $9 this year. Handicapped parking is immediately adjacent to the Brookwood St. entrance, but it is limited. Carpooling or drop-off is encouraged. • You may store your books and marketing materials in the nearby secure kitchen. • Deliver your books on a cart or dolly. You may store that as well in the kitchen. Clearly mark your book boxes.
• You may not eat your lunch in the building or our booth. (It's the Fair's rule.) When you need to take a break, your tablemate will cover for you. The two restrooms are 10' from our booth (good for foot traffic!).
• You won't be allowed in the building before 10:30 a.m.
• There is wifi in the building for using Square and making phone calls. It's noisy and you may have to step outside. •Please help promote this event, our Redwood Writers, and your participation on all your social media outlets.
• FYI Kids' Days are Thursdays, August 2 & 9; Seniors' Days are August 3 & 10.
• Best wishes for selling lots of books and RW merchandise and for making 100s of new friends.
Have fun! From your Fair Team: Waights Taylor, Jeane Slone, Roger Lubeck, Sandy Baker, chair.