Too Good To Toss
Please read everything below as there are some notable differences from previous years (sign up for slots at the bottom of this page):
All volunteers should be at least *somewhat* familiar with the list of unnacceptable items which we will have printed and posted throughout the event.
How To Prepare
- If you have a nametag holder/ badge you are able to re-use, please bring it along with your first name in large letters! We will provide name tags otherwise (and YES, you can be named something other than "Volunteer" :)).
- Wear comfortable shoes, dress in layers, and be prepared for the changing weather of early May!
- There will be a working water fountain in the basketball court, no need to bring plastic bottles.
- There will be no secure space to store your personal items, please wear a belly bag/ fanny pack and leave valuable items at home or in your car.
- We will provide lunch Saturday and Sunday for volunteers only. Food vendors will also be set up in the parck both days.
- If you have a tent, dolly, handtruck, or other kind of cart you are willing to lend us, please contact event organizers, info listed below.
- Please review complete job descriptions by clicking here.
- We encourage you to hike, bike, and carpool to our event!
- Parking spots in front of the basketball court are reserved for loading and unloading only.
- Please park in The Park Ave Elementary School's parking lot or another legal parking spot.
Getting The Goods
- Volunteers get first pick of donated items!
- Each volunteer may select 3 donated items per shift at the discretion of event planners, Elizabeth and/or Payton.
- We will provide each volunteer with 3 tags and painter's tape to attach tags to their items. We will provide a designated area to store these items. Space is limited, remove items to your car before or after your shift.
- We will open the basketball court Friday May 3rd 5pm-7pm only for donations from Volunteers. Please review the list of unnacceptable items here.
- We won't be fully staffed that night, please be prepared to unpack and sort your donations in to designated categories.
- Volunteers may donate items Saturday May 4th at 10:00 am OR before or after their shift. Due to expected high volume on Saturday we ask that you take your items to the Donation Station, outside the court, and wait for your items to be checked in before leaving or beginning your shift.
- If you are interested in sharing information about our event or posting a poster in your workplace or another organization, please let us know!
- We also need volunteers to post flyers around the village. If you'd like to help contact Elizabeth Knight for a list of locations. Her contact info is below.
Thank you to everyone who has been so eager to sign up to volunteer again in 2019. Your support is inspiring
For public information on the event please visit:
Invite your friends on Facebook!
Follow Earth Fest Warwick on Instagram
For Questions/ Concerns, Contact:
Volunteer Coordinator, Samantha Scalpone: [email protected]
Earth Fest Committe Members:
Elizabeth Knight Moss e: [email protected] h: 845-544-1056 / m: 845-741-3646
Payton Swenson e: [email protected]/ m:917.361.6119
|| Too Good To Toss Volunteer Coordinator