Welcome to your SDSU Choirs Audition Page. We're so excited that you're considering joining us!
Our Director of Choral Studies Dr. Arian Khaefi will help guide you into the right choir that fits best. All singers who wish to participate in Chamber Choir and Concert Choir will be required to Zoom audition. Upon a successful preliminary audition, those singers interested in joining Chamber Choir will be required to sing a call-back Zoom Audition. There is NO AUDITION required for University Chorus. Simply enroll in the class and come to the first rehearsal! Auditions will consist of the following:
Chamber Choir/Concert Choir Auditions (held on Wednesday January 20, and Thursday January 21) - Click Here for Zoom Meeting Audition Link
1) Vocalizing to assess your range and voice type (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, or a pivot voice between one of these)
2) Singing a simple melody, which we will provide for you. This will be our way of gauging your comfort level with reading music.
Chamber Choir call-back auditions (held on Friday January 22)- Click Here for Zoom Meeting Audition Link
1) Vocalizing to assess the outer extremities of your voice
2) Advanced sight-reading akin to what you might find on a level 6 all-state audition
3) Pitch memory assessing your ability to recall intervals in a series of 4 given pitches
4) Intonation assessment including micro-tuning and intervals
5) Style assessment to gauge your understanding of singing styles across different periods of music
6) Interview to get to know you better :)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Arian Khaefi, [email protected]