DTASC Spring 2019 Sign Up Genius for Judges
Thank you for signing up to judge at our upcoming DTASC festival. This is your confirmation that you are assigned to judge our DTASC students. We count on your attending. You will receive a reminder one week before the upcoming festival.
Online registration: For the upcoming festivals, online registration closes at noon on Friday, the day before the specific festival. After that date and time, you must register onsite.
General festival information including map links: Please go to the DTASC website at www.dtasc.org.
Shakespeare Combined Festival - April 27, 2019
Citrus Hill High School
18150 Wood Rd, Perris 92570
Parking at Citrus Hill. Judges Parking in the Wood Rd Parking Lot. Check in is in the main Cafeteria.
*Please note: We are unable to guarantee a particular event or division before you sign in at the festival. To have a better chance of judging your preferred event, please arrive on time.
Shakespeare Festival Categories
0. Tech Theater – Sets/Lights/Graphics (Featured plays; Hamlet & As You Like It)
I. Tech Theater – Court Costumes
II. Tech Theater – Character Costumes (Featured plays; Hamlet & As You Like It)
III. Audition Monologue
IV. Straight Cut - Death Scenes (Scene must feature or discuss the death of a character)
V. Clowns & Fools – Scenes must feature a character perceived to be a fool or a clown – jesters accepted)
VI. Women With Power
VII. Large Group Dramatic – Open
VIII. Large Group Comedic – As You Like It
IX. Modern Musical Based on Shakespeare
Check In On Site: At the festival 7:15 am-7:45 am. Arrival after 8 am may mean no judging assignment. The onsite MANDATORY Judges’ Training is at 8:15 am; if you miss this training, you will not be allowed to judge until you have a one-on-one training.
Judging Sessions: The day’s festival judging is either 7:15 am-1 pm or 7:15 am-6 pm.
Honorariums for the day: $15 for each of the morning sessions; $20 for semi-finals (MS round 3); $25 for finals. Varsity tech judges work the full day and receive the maximum amount.
Cancellations for Judging: We count on you. It is ideal that we have 3 judges in each performance/technical presentation room. If you have to cancel, we advise that it is only for unavoidable emergencies. You can cancel your reservation until noon on Friday, the day before the specific festival by returning to the signup page.
Last Minute Unavoidable Cancellations: The day of the festival: If you find you have an unavoidable emergency, you may text Gai Jones at 805-630-9017. Please do not expect a response, but we thank you for notifying us.
We look forward to your judging for our DTASC students.
Judge Criteria - A Reminder
Please note, to be a judge, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be 21 years old and at least four years out of high school to judge a Varsity event.
- You may now judge Middle School and Junior Varsity events if you are in college.
***If you are college age, you will need to show proof of current college registration, at check in onsite. If you look young, you will need to show your ID with birthdate.
- If you attended a high school that is competing in the festival, please let us know. For the purpose of fairness, it is extremely important all judges do not know the students they are judging.
- No judge may evaluate student(s) they know personally. Please let us know if you know drama students at any school in Southern California. Enter ALL schools where you know current drama students! If you are found to be judging students you know, their school may be disqualified, depending on circumstances.
- If you sign up to judge and are unable to attend the festival, please change your sign-up and email [email protected] so we can adjust for your absence.
- Please understand your name will be checked by the NSO prior to your judging.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions. Otherwise, please wait patiently. Judges will receive more information as we get closer to the festivals.
Thank you so much for participating in our DTASC Fall festival! The students work hard on their material and rely on your honest and supportive feedback. We, the teachers, are very appreciative of your time and dedication.
See you at the festival!
7:30am - 6:00pm PDT
Citrus Hill High School, Perris, CA