Hello, wonderful judges!
This year's Fall festival will take place on October 20 for our Varsity students and November 3 for our Junior Varsity and Middle School students. Please read the information below and sign up early so we can have an idea of how many judges we can expect. If you know anyone who fits the criteria to be a judge and they would like to participate, please feel free to send them the link to this page.
Varsity - Canyon High School, Santa Clarita - 10/20/18
Junior Varsity/Middle School - TBD, but central L.A. Basin - 11/3/18
Please note, to be a judge, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be 21-years-old and at least four years out of high school to judge a Varsity event.
- You may now judge Middle School and Junior Varsity events if you are in college. If you attended a high school that is attending the festival, please let us know. For the purpose of fairness, it is extremely important that judges do not know the students they are judging.
- No judge may evaluate student(s) they know personally. Please let us know if you know dram students at any school that might be competing in the festival. Enter ALL schools where you know current drama students!
- If you sign up to judge and are unable to attend the festival, please change your sign-up and email [email protected] so we can adjust for your absence.
- Enter the requested information. ONE JUDGE ONLY for each sign-up.
- Make sure you get a confirmation that you have signed up. Check your spam folder if you don't see it within 24 hours.
- Email [email protected] if you have any questions. Otherwise, please wait patiently. Judges will receive more information as we get closer to the festivals.
*Please note: We are unable to guarantee a particular event or division before you sign in at the festival. To have a better chance of judging your preferred event, please arrive on time.
If you sign up to judge at our festival, please know that we are counting on you to be there. It makes it very difficult to adjust when a judge decides not to show up to the festival.
The deadline to pre-register as a judge is noon on Friday, the day before the festival. If you do not pre-register, you are welcome to come to the festival as a walk-in judge; we just aren't able to guarantee you will judge every round that day.
Thank you so much for participating in our DTASC Shakespeare festival! The students work hard on their material and rely on your honest and supportive feedback. We, the teachers, are very appreciative of your time and dedication.
See you at the festival!