FUMC Plano Sunday Night Life
We are thrilled you are willing to step up and cook for our church members. When signing up, we are looking for one team lead, with around 5 volunteers to support the team lead in cooking, serving and clean-up. Our vision is that each lead will be able to coordinate members to help, but I am happy to help find support for your team if needed.
Here is a list of things to consider for those willing to take this task on.
- We are estimating dinner will be served to 30 adults, 40 youth and 15 children. We will have better estimates once we've had a full month of participation.
- Dinner is served promptly at 5:00 pm. Dinner should include at least one main entree, one side and a dessert.
- Dinner should be cooked in the church’s kitchen. Desserts, sauces and items that need early preparation can be made at home in advance. Jill will be available to get you familiar with where things are located in the kitchen.
- We typically budget $5/per person but if your meal is slightly more, we can work with you in advance.
- If you would like the church to shop for your grocery list items, you must submit recipe ingredients to Jill ([email protected]) one week in advance. All food items must be available at Sam's or Walmart. Any items not available at these stores will need to be provided by the cooking team.
- All food expenses can be submitted to me for reimbursement. We also can provide you the tax-exempt certificate before you purchase the items. Please be sure to check with Jill prior to purchasing any food so we can maximize what is already available in our kitchen.
- Registration numbers for dinner will be sent to the cooking lead and Jill on Friday by 10:00 am prior to Sunday's dinner so that we will have a better general idea of the number attending and any food allergies. We do have a few Gluten free friends, and we will need work with you to ensure they have safe food to eat. Please ask Jill about the appropriate ingredients and if we have additional dietary needs that week.
- All paper goods, utensils, drinks, etc. are available in the kitchen. We usually serve water and lemonade.
- Having a hard time deciding what to cook? We have a full list of easy ideas. Contact Stacy Spears, [email protected] for more information.
- Does your group hate cooking? You can have food fully or partially catered as long as we stay within our budget. Many teams have opted to donate the difference in price so that they could cater instead of cooking.
- We ask that your team stays to clean up the kitchen area and make sure any items borrowed from the church are cleaned and returned to their appropriate home.
FUMC Plano Kitchen