Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity
Thank you for volunteering for our Red Wing- Knutson Family construction site.
Your health and safety is our top priority. We are instilling strict Covid-19 safety guildlines on our build site.
- All volunteers must have their temperature taken before starting their shift.
- All volunteers must answer health questions before starting their shift.
- All volunteers must have a signed waiver on file for the 2020 build season.
- Volunteer crews will not exceed over 6 volunteers and 1 Crew Leader.
- Volunteers must bring their own water bottle, lunch and/or snack.
- Volunteer will need to bring their own basic tools for the day (hammer, tape measure, hard hat, safety glases, work gloves and face mask). If the volunteer does not have a hardhat, glasses and/or mask, Habitat will provide them, to be returned, with the exception of the mask, when the shift is complete.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer. Habitat will provide hand sanitizer as needed and a wash station on site with running water, soap and paper towels.
- Masks: Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own mask for the day. All volunteers will wear a mask if they are working within 6 feet of another volunteer. If a volunteer does not have a mask one can be provided.
- All Habitat tools will be cleaned and sanitized before returning them to the tool trailer. Habitat will provide spray sanitizer to sanitize tools and surfaces as necessary.
To sign up to volunteer:
- Select the day and time you would like to volunteer.
- Choose the number of volunteers in your group. Please note, if you have more than the allotted slots please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to arrange a larger group: [email protected]
- Every volunteer must sign a Liability Waiver once in a calendar year. You can complete the waiver online through this LINK or you can print it off and bring it to the site or sign one at the site. Minors under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent/gaurdian before they volunteer at the site.
- Dress for the weather and in clothes appropiate for construction work. Please wear close toed shoes.
- You can bring your own water bottle and a snack/lunch depending on your work shift.
- Please be considerate parking at the job site. Please do not block mail boxes, side walks and/or driveways. Help us to be good neighbors.
Please be aware that our work days maybe canceled due to unforseen circumstances such as weather. We will make every attempt to contact you. It is impariative that you sign up with your best contact information ie: phone number and email. Feel free to contact Jodi Beach, Volunteer Coordinator with questions: 507-403-7868 or [email protected] If you need to cancel or unable to attend your volunteer sessions please contact Jodi as soon as you can.