Christ Presbyterian Church
We encourage you to help lead Christ Presbyterian Church in worship by signing up to be our Worship Lay Leader. The lay leader role is especially important during this season of sabbtical.
- The Lay Leader helps during worship by leading our opening announcements, prayers, confession and offering one of Scripture readings. *You will be provided a script to follow.
*Here are some tips for those who sign up to be or Worship Lay Leader:
1) Stand in the middle of the pulpit. You don't need to be in front of the microphone. It is designed to pick you up if you center yourself in the pulpit.
2) Read the text with projection. Cast your voice out towards the congregation. It is easy to speak into the page.
3) Read the text slower than you think you need to. It is easy to run off with the reading. Remember that when reading we must do so at such a pace that the slowest hearer can understand us.
4) Leave more time for silence and transition. It may seem uncomfortable but silence is an important part of worship.
5) Be yourself. Enjoy this opportunity and show the congregation how much you love the Lord and them.
|| Christ Presbyterian