Art Class - How to Be an Artist.
Wednesdays at the DAAS Gallery beginning January 8th.
Teen (13 - 18)class: 4:30 -6:30pm
Adult Class: 7:00 - 9:00pm
Cost: $120 per month (4 classes per month) plus supplies.
Martha Dodd is a Fort Myers artist who has been painting professionally for over 30 years. Visit her website: www.followyourartllc.com to see examples of her work. Her style includes realism and fantasy. This is not a class for abstract painting - Martha does not have a clue how to paint abstracts! Martha has a BS in Animal Science (her favorite subjects) from the Ohio State University.
Martha’s class is a positive environment for teens to develop skills as an artist. For those wishing to pursue a career as an artist, Martha will give her advice on how to get more training and some of the opportunities for work. For ages 13 to 18.
For those interested in sponsoring a teenager, please contact Martha at 239-850-3250 or email [email protected]
Martha is offering a unique insight into how to become a professional artist. This class is not only for amateurs but professionals as well. Professionals, are there any gaps in your knowledge about your profession?
Marthas approach to teaching art will not only include classical approaches to painting, but also how to do everything an artist has to do.
- How to handle a paint brush.
- How to care for your brushes.
- How to prepare your canvas.
- How to sell your work.
- How to present your work.
- How to price your work.
- How to promote yourself.
- and more.
Supply list suggestions (not included) These are only suggestions, if you want to add to or alter this list you are welcome:
- Paper Towels - Viva is the best!
- Apron or paint shirt (you can buy an apron at the gallery with Martha’s art printed on it if you like)
- Palette (one with disposable sheets is nice but any palette will do.)
Acrylic paints (such as Liquitex, Winsor and Newton, or Holbein), can be either heavy body or medium body:
- Burnt Umber
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium White
- Alizarin Crimson
- Viridian Green
- Burnt Sienna
- Cadmium Yellow light
- Yellow Ochre
- Ivory Black
- Vine Charcoal
- Chamois or rag for erasing
Paint Brushes (suggested):
- da Vinci Student series 373 round , sizes 0,4, and 8
- da Vinci Student series 374 flat, sizes 4,8, and 16
- da Vinci Student series 5073 background brush size 40.
- Fan brush any size.
Questions? Contact [email protected]
DAAS CO-OP Art Gallery & Gifts 1815 Fowler Street Unit 3 Fort Myers, FL 33901
1815 Fowler Street, Fort Myers, fl 33901