HBUMC Wake Interfaith
Van Drivers (time commitment <1 hour)
The Family Promise Day Center is located at 903 Method Road, Raleigh, NC 27606, 919-832-6024.
- For morning drivers, arrive at the church by 6:20am to be prepared to depart for the Day Center at 6:30am. Keys are typically under the front seat or mat of the van and be sure to leave it unlocked.
- FP provides car seats to families with kids; these should already be in and secured upon your arrival. Other passengers should buckle up.
- The trip to the Day Center takes 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic. After leaving the Day Center, return to the church, park the van and return the key to its position under the seat. DO NOT LOCK DOORS.
- For afternoon drivers, retrieve the van from the church by 5:30pm and then proceed to the Day Center to pick up the families at by 6:00pm. Drive back to the church, help the families unload, park the van and return the key to its position under the seat. Pick up and drop off times are different on Saturday and Sunday -- see below.
- DO NOT LOCK DOORS.
Time commitment is generally less than 1 hour -- no special skills, insurance or Commercial driver's license is required. FP vehicles are Ford 15 passenger vans but are easy to operate and maneuver. Please make no unscheduled stops or unauthorized pick ups. If the van needs gas, please stop when families are not present, fill the tank and submit a receipt for reimbursement.
- Mondays-Fridays families should be dropped off at the day center by 7 am and picked up by 6:00pm.
- On Saturdays families should be dropped off by 9:30am and picked up at 5:30pm.
- On Sundays families should be dropped off at 7:45am and picked up at 5:30pm.