Bet Shalom Religious School Chugim
Registration is required for all chugim. Please sign up below.
For all in-person chugim, we will be following strict safety protocols, including mandatory face coverings and physical distancing.
Chugim Descriptions and the Supplies List can be found in your inbox. Look for the biweekly email, subject: "This Week's Religious School Schedule & Links"
“Chug” (plural “chugim”) is the hebrew word for elective activity.
Every student should sign up for a minimum of 1 chug per week (but are allowed to take as many as they’d like!!)
Unless otherwise noted, Online Chugim are 40 minutes, In-person Chugim are 60 minutes
SERIES indicates commitment to multiple sessions, as indicated in chug name
Manage and review your chugim registration within SignUpGenius
Classes are Online unless marked "In-person"
All preschool-12th graders will sign up here to take at least four chugim per month from a list of these elective-style offerings. The schedule for these (along with course descriptions) will be communicated through a monthly calendar sent out the previous month. Here are some things to do know about our Chugim:
- Chugim will include both in-person and virtual offerings.
- Chugim will be designated for different age groups
- Preschool-2nd Grade
- 3rd-5th Grade
- 6th-8th Grade
- 9th-12th Grade
- Let us help up fill your child's day with fun and engaging content while they connect with their Jewish peers! Even though students will take a minimum of four chugim per month, they are allowed to take as many as they'd like! This should be flexible where families can find days, times, and weeks that work within their individual schedules. Please note that no chugim are scheduled on Sunday mornings as many of our staff members are teaching a preschool-5th grade core class at this time.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST SIGN UP FOR CHUGIM IN ADVANCE THROUGH SIGN UP GENIUS
- There will be sign up deadlines to allow us to order supplies and staff classes appropriately.
- If a student wants to change a sign-up, families are responsible for deleting previous sign-ups and signing up for a new class.
- All in-person gatherings will be capped at a set number (designated on the sign-up genius) in order to adhere to safety recommendations for in-person gatherings. These will not be altered. We ask that families are respectful in showing up and/or promptly deleting registration for these in-person classes so a spot is not kept from someone who would like to participate.
- The November & December Chugim Calendar will be released on October 26th.
- We scheduled our chugim to try to accommodate the wide range of families' schedules. We will monitor signups throughout the year and adjust if needed. If your child would like to join a chug that is not possible based on the schedule, please email Ali King to communicate what may work better for your family!
|| BetShalom ReligiousSchool