I'd like to help!
We are looking for volunteers to serve as Site Attendants at the country’s only History Book Festival! This three-day event takes place in Lewes on Friday, September 27, Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29.
The presentation sites on Saturday are Bethel United Methodist Church, Lewes Public Library, Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing at Beebe Healthcare, and Rollins Community Center/Lewes History Museum. All Saturday sites are within walking distance of each other. The presentation site on Sunday is the Cape Henlopen High School. For all shifts, site attendants report to and are supervised by the Volunteer In Charge at each location.
All HBF volunteers will receive one free ticket to the Sunday afternoon Closing Address by Alice Hoffman. Note: this ticket does NOT include the Hoffman book however you may buy a copy at the venue.
As a Site Attendant, your responsibilities include:
- Commit to a 2-hour shift on Saturday, September 28
- First shift volunteers help with presentation site set up
- Welcome attendees to the presentation
- Hand out programs
- Distribute and collect audience surveys
- Answer any logistics questions attendees have
- During the book signing, determine whether attendee is eligible to have book(s) signed
- Maintain attendee line at the book signing table
- Clean up the room after each presentation (remove trash and straighten chairs)
- Last shift volunteers help with presentation site clean up
- Commit to attending a post-event wrap-up meeting to share feedback for improving festival for next year (TBA)